The UK Network for Mindfulness Based Teachers Good Practice Guidelines recommend regular supervision. Helen is able to offer Mindfulness Teachers professional supervision based on her experience of training teachers. She trained with Jody Mardula and Cindy Cooper from the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University.
Peer Supervision Days
For trained Mindfulness Teachers Level 1 or above delivering mindfulness courses
Supervision and Training Days will meet the supervision requirements of Ongoing Good Practice guidelines (see http://mindfulnessteachersuk.org.uk/) and also contact with other practitioners for collaborative learning.
The role of the supervisor is:
- To provide a safe reflective and contained space in which to learn and to be creative
- To facilitate the development of knowledge, understanding and skills
- To give positive feedback, stimulation and containment
- To challenge, confront and the stretch the supervisee where appropriate
- To promote excellence within an ethical framework working to appropriate codes of ethics and professional guidelines
- To provide an opportunity for the evaluation of the practice of the supervisee
- To gauge the supervisee’s current level of competence, based on MBI:TAC (Mindfulness Based Interventions Teaching Assessment Criteria)and to use objective “measures” to gauge practice.
Individual sessions cost £ 60.00 per hour. To discuss or to make a booking please e-mail: Helen@mindfulnessmk.com