The founder of mindfulness Jon Kabat-Zinn introduced yoga into his mindfulness programme because he had found it helpful and enjoyable in his own life. Over the last 100 years yoga has become trendy, fast paced and work out focused and this led to the wrong idea that yoga is only for the young and bendy. Mindful yoga is beneficial for every person, of any weight and of any age and can be practiced by everybody who wants to live a more fulfilling and meaningful life. The word “yoga”, after all, means a connection of body, mind and soul. In my yoga class you will
- Learn to let go of the need to strive, to be perfect and to compare
- Stress less and relax more
- Be given options that suit you and will move at your own speed
- Develop your inner observation skills to nurture a non-reactive attitude
- To slow down and pay attention to things as they are and therefore practice patience and persistence
By practising yoga with a mindful attitude you learn transferable skills that help you get through the day with ease, calm and enough energy to keep going. In mindful yoga you use the body to transform yourself to a better person.
Participants may join at any time, subject to availability. Payment is adjusted accordingly. If you miss a class please feel free to attend another one.
Autumn course 2017
Thursday evenings (please note the new time) – 7.00pm – 8.30pm
October: 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
November: 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
Cost: £132 for the course or £12 per session
After the initial tryout session the remainder of the course must be paid for.
Location: Quaker Centre, Milton Keynes