Children will learn how to cultivate gratitude, handle difficult thoughts and emotions, and develop kindness towards themselves and others. The key foundations of mindfulness are taught – i.e. how to pay attention to the present moment with openness, curiosity and warmth.
Helen is also able to deliver these sessions within a family or young persons setting.
In a study conducted at the University of Edinburgh in 2014, exploring children’s experiences of the Youth Mindfulness Kids Programme found that:
- 98% of children report benefits from participating in the Youth Mindfulness Kids Programme.
- 72% of children report an enhanced ability to be less reactive towards others, being less aggressive and engaging less frequently in physical and verbal confrontation.
- 92% of children reported an enhanced ability to regulate their emotions and tolerate strong affect.
- 77% of children report improvements in peer and family relationships.
- 72% of children reported that mindfulness helps them to focus, pay attention, and concentrate.
- Over 55% of children report that mindfulness helps them to enjoy life more, demonstrating enhanced gratitude, happiness, optimism and quality of life.
Please contact us for details