Children will learn how to cultivate gratitude, handle difficult thoughts and emotions, and develop kindness towards themselves and others.
The key foundations of mindfulness are taught – i.e. how to pay attention to the present moment with openness, curiosity and warmth. We are able to deliver these sessions within a family or young persons setting.
We also offer individual sessions for children and young people to support their well-being through mindfulness practices. Mindfulness based interventions for young people are based on the Youth Mindfulness curriculum but will be tailored to the specific need of the child. Themes covered are:
- learning to relax
- dealing with anxiety and stress
- understanding and managing feelings and behaviour
- dealing with Negative Automatic Thoughts
- Recognizing strengths and character positives
- Becoming confident and improve self-esteem
- Kindness and compassion
In a study conducted at the University of Edinburgh in 2014, exploring children’s experiences of the Youth Mindfulness Kids Programme found that:
- 98% of children report benefits from participating in the Youth Mindfulness Kids Programme.
- 72% of children report an enhanced ability to be less reactive towards others, being less aggressive and engaging less frequently in physical and verbal confrontation.
- 92% of children reported an enhanced ability to regulate their emotions and tolerate strong affect.
- 77% of children report improvements in peer and family relationships.
- 72% of children reported that mindfulness helps them to focus, pay attention, and concentrate.
- Over 55% of children report that mindfulness helps them to enjoy life more, demonstrating enhanced gratitude, happiness, optimism and quality of life.
We also deliver mindfulness for staff
Please contact us for details